Meinl Byzance 22" Vintage Sand Benny Greb Signature Crash / Ride Cymbal
Crafted to mimic the sound of an aged cymbal, the Vintage voice within Byzance has unique features that simulate the aging process of a cymbal to couple relic sounds with modern appeal.
The Vintage line was born from the Sand Ride, a flagship cymbal developed with Meinl Cymbals artist, Benny Greb. Byzance Vintage now includes a wide array of cymbals that have helped to define the Meinl sound.
Sand models feature narrow blade lathing and a sandblasted finish, whereas Vintage Pure models are unlathed and raw. These cymbals are made in Turkey from cast B20 bronze and hand hammered into shape by skilled Turkish cymbal smiths.
Features & details
- Hand hammered in Turkey from cast B20 Bronze Alloy — the 22” Byzance Vintage Sand Crash/Ride is aged by sand blasting the surfaces — the B20 bronze responds beautifully after the aging procedure, leaving the cymbals with a super human vintage sound and look
- Benny Greb signature — Byzance Vintage Sand cymbals were developed in cooperation with Benny Greb, who was looking for a set of cymbals that could comfortably occupy any frequency while delivering a mellow, old-school sound
- Texture galore — the hammering, sand blasting and lathing combination results in a silky-smooth feel with plenty of definition and a dry, earthy character — three rivets grouped together add an additional element of smooth sizzle
- Increase musicality — Byzance Vintage cymbals have become an immensely popular choice among top recording and touring artists — the ability these cymbals have to increase a sense of musicality makes them highly sought-after
- Modern versatility rooted in tradition — hand hammered into shape in Turkey using B20 bronze, Meinl Byzance cymbals are deeply rooted in traditional cymbal crafting methods, yet their old-world background is dialed-in to 21st century needs