Meinl Byzance 22” Jazz Big Apple Ride Cymbal
Byzance Jazz offers a deep well of expressive cymbals that draw players in. The hihats have a smooth and subtle response, and the crashes are known for a buttery feel that only develops from their hand hammered profiles and lathed surfaces. In addition, many unique and complex ride cymbals have been created within this line to help you find your voice behind the kit.
These cymbals are made in Turkey from cast B20 bronze and hand hammered into shape by skilled Turkish cymbal smiths.
Features & details
- Hand hammered in Turkey from cast B20 bronze alloy — the 22” Byzance Jazz Big Apple Ride is made with inspiration from the bebop era in NYC — it yields pearly, full-bodied articulation with a controlled wash and bright bell — perfect for small clubs
- Undersized bell — the smaller cup on this ride helps develop more high-end frequencies and soft, yet still articulate stick definition throughout the whole cymbal — the bell cuts without overpowering while activating the entire cymbal as you play
- Traditional old-school sounds — paying homage to NYC, the hearth of bebop music, this ride is made to drive small combos or big bands with a fantastic, bouncy response from the bead of your stick, along with a velvety wash surrounded in warm undertones
- Refined warm sound — the clean, yet warm and dark tone of Byzance Jazz cymbals comes from a combination of their thin weight and extensively hand hammered B20 alloy — the surface is fully lathed to perfection to give them a smooth response
- Not only for jazz players — their fully lathed surfaces and dark character are ideal for jazz, but these cymbals are at home in any style where effortless touch and complex tone are “must haves”
- Modern versatility rooted in tradition — hand hammered into shape in Turkey using B20 bronze, Meinl Byzance cymbals are deeply rooted in traditional cymbal crafting methods, yet their old-world background is dialed-in to 21st century needs