Meinl Byzance 18" Vintage Sand Benny Greb Signature Thin Crash Cymbal
Crafted to mimic the sound of an aged cymbal, the Vintage voice within Byzance has unique features that simulate the aging process of a cymbal to couple relic sounds with modern appeal.
The Vintage line was born from the Sand Ride, a flagship cymbal developed with Meinl Cymbals artist, Benny Greb. Byzance Vintage now includes a wide array of cymbals that have helped to define the Meinl sound.
Sand models feature narrow blade lathing and a sandblasted finish, whereas Vintage Pure models are unlathed and raw. These cymbals are made in Turkey from cast B20 bronze and hand hammered into shape by skilled Turkish cymbal smiths.
Features & details
- Hand hammered in Turkey from cast B20 Bronze — this Trash Crash is aged by sand blasting the surfaces — the B20 responds beautifully after the aging procedure, resulting in a vintage sound and look
- Dialed-in frequencies — sandblasting tones down harsh frequencies and stick attack to give the cymbal a unique soft, mellow touch and transparent sound
- Dynamic control — the hammering, sand blasting and lathing combination leaves you with a cymbal that you can dig into with total control at all times
- Increase musicality — Byzance Vintage drum cymbals have become an immensely popular choice among top recording and touring artists
- Modern versatility rooted in tradition — Meinl Byzance cymbals are deeply rooted in traditional cymbal crafting methods, yet their old-world background is dialed-in to 21st century needs.Match your heros — Meinl Cymbals are used by pro drummers like Benny Greb, Anika Nilles, Mike Johnston, Matt Garstka, Raja Meissner, Robert Sput Searight or Jost Nickel